Demco NY Corp was founded in 1990 by Peter Donohoe and Tom Collins to provide electrical contracting services to General Contractors and Owners in the Eastern US. Our basic services are in Retail, including big box stores, supermarkets, and major tenant fit-ups. Bedroom Projects are a specialty and include apartments, assisted living facilities and hotels. Institutional Projects are generally large military, university, hospital or nursing home projects. We have built our workforce to over 100 and our bonding capacity to $20 million.
Our goal is to become the most desired electrical contractor of an ever expanding client base.
Demco is primarily, but, not exclusively, an electrical subcontractor focusing on establishing and maintaining relationships with clients for whom we seek to become a favored vendor. We also seek to establish competitive advantages via several strategies:
- We seek to become an efficient producer by seeking repeatable types of jobs such as retail chains' stores such as WalMart, Lowe's, Kohl's, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Gander Mountain Sports, Sport's Authority, Price Chopper, Hannaford Foods, & Tops Markets.
- We seek to become the most trusted proposer to our clients by providing feedback on design problems, cost savings, schedule and scope of work issues during the proposal and bid processes. Thus giving our target customer a high degree of confidence that we represent the most complete proposal and most capable proposer available. If we are not the lowest bidder we will frequently be awarded a negotiated contract on the basis of the level of comfort developed during the process.
- Demco is a non union contractor which gives us competitive advantages in labor costs due to greater efficiency in work rules and our use of a workforce whose wages range from those who are task skilled to full journeymen, and, on individual merit rather than a one size fits all wage rate.
- By consistently superior and reliable performance on the job Demco eliminates many competitors for consideration on projects of large size, complicated or fast paced scheduling, and with general contractors whose clients are demanding of quality and safety. The projects carry large risks for general contractors causing them to be selective in their subcontractor selection.
- Demco increases its value to its client base by traveling to other geographical areas with our clients which gives them confidence in their prospects for a successful project rather than risk poor performance from an unknown source.
Demco foremen and the Training and Safety Director leading a jobsite tour for a group of high school vocational students and their instructor at the WalMart SuperCenter store in Central Square, New York while under construction.
Demco Foreman Walter Vaeth, Northeast Regional finalist for "Craftsperson of the Year", accepting his award at the Associated Builders and Contractors National Convention in San Diego.
Our prefab shop. Some prefab parts for the concrete block wall barracks construction at Wheeler Sack AAF at Fort Drum.